Wednesday 20 February 2019

Hussite Infantry - Part 1

Speculate To Accumulate 101 - Hussites For Sale

I purchased a lot of very badly painted figures off EBay. It comprised of 76 infantry and a badly made warwagon labelled as Hussites [picture at the bottom]. I knew I didn't want or need them but I like a challenge. I raided Project Lead Mountain and have found some more odd figures to add into this batch as well as suitable horses as motive power for the warwagon. In the end I managed to get a total of 40 infantry to use as Blades, 32 infantry to use as Spears and a warwagon with eight more figures left over to turn into crew. Eight of the spearmen castings were broken but I quickly replaced their broken spears with new pointed steel spears. I am still unsure what to do with the spears as yet and I might end up using them as the front rank of more Reg Bw X/O crossbowmen elements if I can find some more cheap crossbowmen.

Being Hussites I had a look through some picture sources and reference books and decided that Black would be a good solution for a frighting look. The castings are a mix of Minifigs, Essex and some other makes like Corvus Belli. They were finished of with magnetised MDF bases, texture paste, static grass and tufts before being sealed with a matt spray sealer. 

I will offer them inside my wargames club first and if they don't sell they will end up on EBay. Sold already to a clubmate!





Picture From EBay



2 comments: