Saturday 28 September 2019

Legio Heroica Turcopole Commission

Another Commission For A Clubmate - Turcopoles

Bob at the club is building a Later Crusader Army in 15 mm and last month he approached me to ask if I would paint up some figures for him. He handed me a bag of 17 mounted castings consisting of either Legio Heroica Turcopoles CRU11 and nine English knights, which were to model the element for King Richard the Lionheart and two generic generals elements for his Anglo-Norman army. He wants them ready by Christmas which is a good thing as I had Paul's Greeks in the painting table before him and I am also part way through painting up a load more Blackhat/Gladiator European FE020 spearmen and other bits for myself that I luckily purchased at a huge discount as Vexillia are no longer selling them and were having a clearance sale.

I finished off Paul's Greeks last weekend and managed to complete the outstanding items I wanted 5 days ago so I made a start on the Turcopoles. The Legio Heroica castings are nicely sculpted although having separate riders, shields and spears is of course a right pain to assemble.

I had already painted up some of these castings for my own Crusaders army a while ago so had the painting references already. Bob doesn't want them based as he will be adding them to his own collection.

Legio Heroica Turcopoles CRU11













No comments:

Post a Comment