Tuesday 14 August 2018

More Ancient Camptastic Elements

Yet More 15mm Scale Baggage Elements

I was asked by a clubmate if I could provide him with a pair of Medieval tents for his Condotta army. Whilst I don't tend to keep a supply of spare baggage elements for sale or to paint being the sort of person whose happy to help out a mate I went online and checked EBay for suitable tents. First stop was searching for Baueda. It instantly came up with some items and I placed a large order for two suitable tents for the Condotta, two more for my Attalid Pergamene, two more for my Abbasids and six more for my Polish/Serbian army.

I have not painted all of them apart from the batch of six for the Polish/Serbian army and also took the time to rebase some old Hovels Bell Tents as well as some old Medieval supply wagons.

First up are the Baueda items:
I removed the shields from the top of the canopy as requested so they can be completely generic.
They are sold as Medieval Tents.

Baueda 15MDV




Next are the last two missing elements to complete my Attalid Pergamene Baggage.
They are sold as Ottoman tents.

Baueda 15OTM
 



These are for use with my Abbasid Army and Arab Conquest.
They are sold as Persian Tents.

Baueda 15PRS





Having finished my missing Attalid Pergamene tents this has allowed me to dispose of my original tents for this army.
They are sold as Greek tents. They will go on EBay in due course.

Baueda 15GRK 





Now for the odds and sods.

I purchased some Hovels Bell Tents many years ago, they are now discontinued. I still have all eight but have been painting them up differently for use with odd armies. These were in poor condition basing wise so I repainted two of them in red and rebased all four of them to freshen them up.

Hovels 4AC5








 
These wagons came as part of a EBay purchase of Angry Peasants. They were on very old style flock basing and each base was a very odd size. I have no use for them at all but decided that they were worth the effort to rebase so I could then sell them on via EBay.

There were three small empty wagons and one large laden wagen. All of them are ox drawn and suitable for use in almost any European army from 500 AD onwards. I have no idea what make they are but after rebasing and a fresh coat of sprat Matt varnish they have come up much better than I had hope for. I based them following the usual DBx style as this seems to be almost universal nowadays






2 comments: