Saturday 29 February 2020

Later Polish 15mm Knights Commission

15th C Later Polish Knights Commission

With this blog entry comes the last part of Bob's commission. Twelve Essex EMED 12A & 13A Knights on barded horses. Link here
Bob gave me some illustrations to give me a guide as to what he wanted but as with everything sometimes the customer isnt right and I went back to my Polish research documents to make sure what was shown in the illustrations matched the historic facts. I have a copy of the heraldry carried by the Polish army at Grunwald in 1410 and I researched loads of Polish heraldry shields based on their Herb family system [Herb = Clan] and it meant that most individuals of Polish ancestry didn't have unique heraldry but the entire Herb shared the same armour decorations. Since I was only painting twelve knights I was spoilt for choice and picked those designs that looked varied along with one of the Polish Military Order knights in Yellow and Black Check design.
So here are the finished knights unbased at Bob's request:


























2 comments: