Sunday 20 October 2019

Even More Gladiator/Blackhat Feudals Spearmen

Gladiator Feudal Spearmen - Part 3

The third instalment of my project to replace the current mix of figures for my 12th C Feudal Spearmen hits the lightbox. They are Gladiator Code FE20,21 & 22, I sorted them out into identical sculpts to ensure I made up liveried, uniformed spear blocks. I already had two bases painted a couple of years ago so added in some additional basing materials to try and make them match the new figures, they are the block on the left of the 1st picture. I have another two batches left to complete, 24 identical castings and another lot consisting of three batches of 8 identical castings each.

I really like these figures, their pose and sculpt really shows off the idea of how uniformed militia contingents should look. The shields and liveries are generic to allow them to be used in lots of European armies from around 1200 AD until approximately 1300 AD






2 comments: