Thursday 31 October 2019

Final Batch of Gladiator/Blackhat Feudal Spearmen and Some Crossbowmen

Finally Completed my Feudal Infantry for the 12th Century

With this blog entry I have now completed the planned replacement of my 12th C Feudal Spearmen along with the unplanned replacement of some 12th C Regular Crossbowmen.
All the of figures are from Gladiator/Blackhat which I purchased at 25% off due to Vexillia having an end of discontinued range clearance sale due to his ceasing to sell this figure range after its sale to Fighting15's. The figures are excellent sculpts and I now have 34 mixed posed spearmen left over along with 36 more crossbowmen still to paint but these are not going into my collection unless I decide to replace some of my Irr Bw O elements.

The Codes from Fighting15's are FE21, 21 & 22. I freely mixed up what I purchased and have no proper idea which specific code the spearmen are from now! The first batch are generic and suitable for my Communal Italian army and others that use Town Militias etc. These finally complete the 32 elements I wanted to have.






This batch were painted using a shield sheet of English coats of arms for the 12th C that I found on the WWW as a point of reference. Each shield is hand painted and these elements give me the sixteen other elements I wanted for variety.








Last up are the crossbowmen code FE25 Italian Crossbowmen, though the label is just a guide as this armour was common to most of Western Europe, I had some Falcon Figures that I wanted to replace, so they are on EBay and these have replaced them in my 12th C army collection.






All of the sculpts were well designed and painted up easily.

2 comments: