Tuesday 19 June 2018

Scythians - The Commanders

Scythian - Xyston Commanders

My previous entry for the Scythians was on the 1st of May. The large gap is because of my impulse purchase of the T'ang army that I have recently blogged about. I wont go into much detail about the T'ang except they have all been removed from their bases and put on new bases in preparation for it being completed after the Scythians.

I purchased the Xyston commander castings because I wanted them to match their noble cavalry. Again they required some cleaning up and careful assembly. In the end I only needed 13 castings but it has taken what seems like weeks to finish them. I am very pleased with the end result.

There are three Irr Cv S elements and two Irr LH F command elements elements.

I used the following Xyston packs to create the elements:
ANC20065 50mm Wire Spears with Leaf Shaped Points
ANC20191 Severed Heads
ANC20237 Scythian Kings & Nobles
ANC20240 Scythian Bodyguard Cavalry
ANC20243 Scythian Musicians & Standards Mounted
ANC20245 Idanthyrsus Personality Pack
ANC20247 Scythian Cavalry Shields
ANC20248 Scythian Ornate Shields

Scythian King Irr Cv S




Scythian Sub-General Irr Cv S




Scythian Sub-General Irr Cv S




Scythian CinC/King Irr LH F 




Scythian Sub-General Irr LH F




Next on the painting table is the Scythian baggage elements, of which I seem to have purchased sufficient to create about 32 elements of baggage so some of this is going on EBay once its finished.


2 comments: