Sunday 18 April 2021

15mm Chinese - Part 21 Mounted Infantry

15mm Chinese - Part 21 Mounted Infantry [I]

As the final stretch comes into view I am now working on the mounted infantry part of the Chinese collection. I thought that these figures are part of the Outpost Wargames Services range of Sui/Tang Chinese. I was sure the figure code was STC8 Mounted Infantry but Jeff at OWS has confirmed that they are NOT OWS castings so now I am not sure exactly what they are. I have two batches of 18 to do, one batch are holding the typical Chinese fringed spear of the time and the other batch are holding bladed polearms that look very much like halberds. Because each batch is complete different I have split them up and painted the first 18 before starting the next 18 which will appear in another blog entry. As infantry mounted on horses to improve their mobility they will double as poorer quality cavalry if need be too. The all wear the typical iron ring reinforced long coat of this period. Basing etc done in the usual style that I do for my ancient armies. After some intensive searching online it appears that they are Grumpy miniatures.

Grumpy Code CHIC02 Chinese Peasant Cavalry with Spear








2 comments: