Tuesday 27 January 2015

A New DBM Army One Third Done

Attalid Pergamene

Heres a quick snap of the 223 Pergamene infantry all painted awaiting basing up. Update as of 05/02/15 all 350 Pergamene infantry are now painted along with the bolt shooters so just another 41 mounted to paint to go with the ones I already had done when I made a different army for DBA years ago. [The horses are now all done, just need to do the tack and riders].

Not bad considering I only started this project just before Xmas! Once they are finished I will take some proper pictures of the completed army and update this post. I recycled a load of old bases which saved wasting them too!

Its odd that in DBM the Pergamene regular knight generals Reg Kn F dismount as either Reg Sp O or Reg Bd O and not as Reg Ax S considering there no spears or blades in the rest of the army.


I took the opportunity to raid my Roman army and will be rebasing some of their auxilia at the same time.

Decided to attack the old Roman bolt shooters I painted up back in the 1980's have washed the flesh parts and redid the shooters with wash and highlights. Once they are on new bases they will look perfect to use with both armies since the basing was looking very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment