Tuesday 15 November 2016

Crusade of Nicopolis 1396 AD

The Crusade of Nicopolis 1396 AD

In the Later Hungarian army list there is mention of a small contingent of crusaders that accompanied the Hungarians. In the battle the Ottomans all but destroyed the Christian crusader army. The WP page has some details of the battle here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Nicopolis The Crusaders came from a variety of sources including the Knights Hospitallers. The army list has as part of its contingent two elements of Irr mtd Bw O Crossbowmen. I am always looking for reasons to paint up new things as part of Project Lead Mountain and I had some left over figures spare that I had purchased from Naismith/Roundway some years ago that seemed suitable. I cannot see me ever using the Crusaders and to be honest I only painted them up because a fellow gamer mentioned that he was looking for some figures for his own army and I am hoping that he decides he will buy them off me. Yay SOLD so expect to find them across the table from you in a DBMM tournament sometime soon! 

Here are the final results. I think the red uniforms look the part for the Hospitallers despite their rating as Irregular troops.





1 comment:

  1. Very nicely done, these two lines look impressive...and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete