Friday 5 October 2018

ADLG 15mm Commission - Part 2

Another Commission From Australia

After sending off my previous commission to the guy in Australia. He tells me hes really pleased with the order and wants something else. Its yet more troops for his Condotta Army plus some Scythian Horse Archers to go with a Classical Era army he is building.

Project Lead Mountain has been producing lots of spare bits and pieces since 2012 but it has reached the stage that I have started to run out of sufficient left over castings to make up similar looking elements for some troop types. He wanted a camp for his Condotta, another Pike Block, base of Halberdiers and three elements of Mounted Crossbowmen. I already had a camp that I was about to list on EBay so this was a quick sale. I managed to source the Halberdiers and Mounted Crossbowmen but didn't have any pikemen. A quick look on EBay saw a lot for sale from Minifigs Renaissance Range. I submitted a bid for these as well as for some Muslim type Civilians and waited for the clock to tick down. I was not at home when the auction ended but was lucky enough to have won both lots. It was a mixed bag of Condotta period troops and included 12 identical pikemen.

I also had six left over Scythian Horse Archers that were perfect for his needs.

So now it's all painted I am just waiting for the varnish to cure properly before packing them for their flight to Australia. 

ADLG Commanders on 40mm Circular Bases


Minifigs Mounted Crossbowmen


Mixed makes Halberdiers



Alternative Armies Code MR5
 
Baeuda Kings Tent on 120mm x 80mm base 


Minifigs Scythian Horse Archers


2 comments:

  1. Hi Drew, thanks for keeping an interesting blog, which I've just discovered thanks to a comment you posted on Martin's Vexillia blog. In case it's of any use, I can give you a reference for the "unknown pikemen", as I have some myself. They're old, Tabletop Games Swiss pikemen, which can now be obtained from Alternative Armies. See https://www.alternative-armies.com/collections/15mm-renaissance-altuos-range/products/mr5-swiss-heavy-pike-16thc-early. Best regards, Chris

    ReplyDelete