Monday 10 December 2018

Late T'ang Chinese - Part 6

Late T'ang Chinese Armoured Swordsmen

With this instalment of the T'ang Chinese army I can finally field a 400 AP army list. This blog entry consists of the Armoured Swordsmen from Outpost Wargames Services. The figure code is STC17 Swordsman - Armoured. The code only comes with a single pose which given the variety included with the spearmen and archers was a bit of a disappointment. I could not find any reliable painting suggestions in my reference books and their website didn't have any painted examples in the gallery of figures. So I had to use my imagination and based the painting scheme on the other figures within the range and what I had already done to date. Being regular troops I painted them in uniforms and created four contingents of troops. The castings were quite clean with minimal flash, the bases needed filing flat underneath and there was a tiny amount of flash on the sword tips and at the front of the helmet. The swords were also cast in contact with the sides of the helmets so I gently prised them apart to allow for a more realistic pose.

Outpost STC17 Swordsman - Armoured Reg Bd F




This leaves me with a couple of boxes of figures still to paint, consisting of more Militia Archers and Swordsmen, eight more Regular Crossbowmen elements, eight more Peasants Hordes, twelve mounts for the Regular Infantry, some Southern Tribal troops, a small Tibetan ally contingent and a Khitan ally contingent. At least now the pressure to complete the army so its useable has gone for a few months so I can now relax and paint at a more leisurely pace.


2 comments: