Sunday 14 February 2021

15mm Chinese Part 13 Cataphracts

Extra Heavy Cavalry Repurposed As Northern Dynasty Cataphracts

Followers of my blog will know about the bulk purchase of "Mongol-Chinese" figures I made from Ken Bell earlier last year. The purchase included a lot of mounted troops from the now replaced TA code range for the Tang Chinese. I had a bag of 24 TA3A Tang Extra Heavy cavalry with Lance, Bow and Shield. Since they come with a lot of armour on half armoured horses I decided to repurpose them as additional Cataphracts for my Northern Dynasty army morph. They might not be totally correct style wise but they are armoured so look the part. I still have some TA2 and TA2A left to paint up which I will be using to create more Kn F/Cv S/O.

Essex TA3A Tank Extra Heavy Cavalry with Lance, Bow & Shield







3 comments:

  1. They look great! Armour is perhaps a bit light for cataphracts I don't know if Chinese cataphracts are the same as Middle Eastern ones) but they are 4 to a base so there is no ambiguity in their classification on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, they look beautiful and so heavy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look awesome. I think they should steamroller over everything in front of them!

    ReplyDelete