Saturday 30 October 2021

Covid got me in the end

Laid Low by Covid-19

I was fully vaccinated on 18th April. I wasn't being silly. On 14th October I had a negative LFT. I felt fine but we ordered PCR tests which we both took on the 15th October. By the evening of the 16th I started to feel ill and the next LFT was positive and confirmed by the PCR test results we both had taken later in the following week. We self isolated as required until Monday 25th October. It has only been today that I have started to feel back to normal. My sense of smell has started to return too. So despite being vaccinated, not having been out socially since February 2020 I get infected in my own home. The effectiveness of the vaccination is known to wane rapidly at 6 months and I have booked my booster shot. 

I hope to return to normal activities in the next few days.



2 comments:

  1. I finally restarted painting on the 31st October for an hour. I am working on 15mm Minoans as I cant face doing anymore 6mm stuff at present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny 2 years it's been. Three Lockdowns in London, Tier restrictions, The Rule of 6 (an actual law), No Mixing & Mingling, mandatory face coverings unless exempt, No overnight stays, copious words of Advice, Guidance & Guidelines. (None of which was actually law). During which time the bedwetters took over the asylum. The government passed laws via secondary legislation called Statutory Instruments. I read everyone passed and was called reckless & irresponsible for telling people what the actual law was (the individuals concerned know exactly who I am referring to), despite being backed up by the College of Policing guidance to officers. Laws & Rules deliberately conflated in a deliberate attempt to confuse people what was allowed. Social Distancing was only ever advice, a permitted activity was legal at any time, there were no restrictions on how often or how far you could travel in England to exercise or shop. The hypocrisy in government has now been exposed for all to see. Whilst people cowered at home terrified to go outside, relatives died alone in hospital & care homes and funerals were effectively forbidden they partied like there were no restrictions. They took the public for mugs and millions fell for it hook, line & sinker!

    ReplyDelete