Thursday 23 December 2021

Bronze Age Warriors - Minoan Part 1

Minoans Part 1

Back between Lockdowns in 2020 I purchased a large number of unpainted Minoan chariots plus some OK painted infantry from a friend. I paid very little for them but I soon realised that all of the infantry would need repainting & rebasing so in effect it was effectively an unpainted army. I waited until Museum Miniatures had their January sale before ordering the missing figures required for the Minoans & also ordered some figures from Chariot Miniatures [Magister Militum] for the Libyan & naked slinger contingents.

I only started painting the army on the 31st October 2020 after recovering from catching Covid-19 earlier that month.

Museum Miniatures have now retired their old 15mm castings & replaced them with the new Z Range sculpts but my army uses their older sculpts.

Museum MY09 Reg Ax I


Chariot MYG4 Mycenean Archers


Chariot MYG8 Slingers


Museum MY10 Archers


Chariot MYG3 Javelinmen Irr Ax I


Chariot MYG3 Javelinmen Irr Ps I


Chariot LIB4 Archers Irr Bw I


Chariot LIB4 Archers Irr Ps O


The first 97 elements completed

All the bases are finished off in my now standard basing style.

This now brings the 15mm painting tally from 1st January to 23rd December 2021 to:
777 foot, 13 artillery & 4 war drums [247 elements]
212 cavalry [73 elements]
12 Bamboo & Paper Lions [8 elements]
3 elephants [3 elements]
Plus I have rebased
32 elements of Pikes
28 elements of Archers
10 elements of Psiloi
8 elements of Horde
3 elements of misc foot
54 mounted elements

In addition to this I have painted up loads of 6mm WW2 Italians to clear out some of the surplus things I have had for years.

2 comments:

  1. The soldiers look great but I'm nut sure about the brightly coloured vegetation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have undercoated the 24 Reg Ps O Line Archers today

    ReplyDelete