Tuesday 31 May 2022

Britcon 2022

Britcon 2022 - Nottingham




Britcon returns on 13th-14th August at Nottngham Trent University. They are putting on DBM 15mm 400 AP Singles with the theme being you cannot use an army that you have taken to any tournament in the last five years. This means the 2017 Gaming Year up until the time of the tournament.

This means that I cannot use the following armies
2017 - Khurosanians, Wallachians, Later Muslim Indians, Welsh
2018 - Abbasids, Scythians
2019 - Scythians, War of the Roses, Sargonid
2020 - The Mighty Covid-19 Alliance
2021 - Yuan
2022 - Serbian Empire

Between now and Britcon there are a few more tournaments being held
25th-26th June Venta Icenorum 400 AP Singles OPEN Theme - I took Serbian Empire & didnt have much success due to the enemies taken, lots of Bw X & Bw S
16th-17th July Attack 500 AP Doubles Open Theme
plus
17th-18th September Iceni 500 AP Doubles Open Theme - army taken will be published in due course.
15th-16th October BHGS Teams at Picketts Lock Sports Centre - 400 AP singles
22nd-23rd October Vexillium 500 AP Doubles Themed any army between 477 AD & 1071 AD
It was confirmed that any army from Book 1,2 & 4 are allowed as long as they are chosen from the date range specified.

Book 1 - Early Vietnamese
Book 2 - Classical Indian, LPIA, Early Armenians, Tamil Indian, Kushan, Scots-Irish, Nobades Blemye & Beja, Later Moorish, Alan, Hsien Pi etc, Abyssinian, Early Visigoth, Early Ostrogoths, Pictish, Sassanids, Burgundi, Gepid, Early Franks, Old Saxons, Packche Korean, Koguryo Korean, Silla Korean, N&S Dynasties, Hunnic, Sub-Roman British, Visigoth, Patricians, African Vandals
Book 4 - Komenan Byzantine, Cilician Armenian

I can possibly field 6 from this list plus 37 from book 3?

https://drewjarman.blogspot.com/2014/09/dbm-armies-i-can-field-with-little.html

Will make the tournament quite interesting especially if Patricians become the default safe option or elephants turn out to worry the knights in the time span.

Additionally there is a DBM Tournament just outside Paris in Aulney Sous Bois
5th-6th November 400 AP Singles Any Army up to 1066 AD



2 comments:

  1. On Thursday I got a message from Dave M saying he had Covid-19. He asked me if I could attend but I said I had plans for the weekend. After sleeping on it Thursday night I messaged him to see if anyone had managed to take his place. So at 09.45 Friday I got a series of emails, including a copy of Daves chosen army - sight unseen, packed my own figures to Daves list, packed some clothes and was on the 13.35 train from St Pancras. I settled into the student rooms at 5pm, not bad virtually 5 hours from finding out I was going to being on site. I did enjoy the weekend despite coming last using an army I have not seen before that weekend and a list I had not written. Hopefully I might be able to attend Britcon next year in my own right.

    ReplyDelete