Monday 16 May 2022

Bronze Age Warriors - Minoan Part 4

Minoans Part 4

Having got fed up painting Minoan Infantry I decided to paint up the few missing items that really make for a good looking army. I got a friend to 3D print the specific items as I cannot justify purchasing a 3D printer.

Knossos was the capital city of Minoan Crete. The city pre-dates the Minoans by quite a long time frame. Its been the subject of multiple excavations over the last 150 years. 

I wanted a Built Up Area to act as a feature piece if I ended up defending Minoa. I had considered scratch building a feature but struck it lucky when I found exactly the item I wanted on this 3D printed Items site.
https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-knossos-palace-crete-greece-201037





The item is inspired by this structure in Crete.

My friend Dave found the 3D models and he kindly gave me the four missing Triakonters I needed to complete the Minoans. The ships come on their own bases so I had to put them on larger bases and build up the surface so the galleys blend into the sea. The are available to download from here.
https://www.wargamevault.com/product/377531/Ancient-Galleys-2?fbclid=IwAR2oUOaeSlpNdVUzBpoLzb8MFaJ8hX2LMGndlDPUjQaoa6nqB-ySLM_Xy20

They painted up really well and using Vallejo Sandy Paste for the sea was just rough enough to be painted etc to look like it was sea.





No Minoan Army would be complete without a Minotaur. I decided to make mine a huge bronze statue. I got it from Thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3456137

I asked for two 3D prints because I might end up selling one on. They are on standard 40mm x 40mm bases so can be used as baggage elements






Over Xmas 2021 Dave at Museum Miniatures announced that he was providing a free STL file of a Trojan Horse. He had no plans to sell it as the model is far too large but is perfect for 3D printing.

Here is his publicity shot from the company Facebook page.

Museum Miniature Model 3D STL file

I got two printed out by my mate Dave and have tried two different colour schemes.










Thats all to blog for now 

This brings the painting tally so far for 2022 to
240 foot [72 elements]
9 Feature Pieces [9 elements]

No comments:

Post a Comment