Monday 25 May 2015

Been Painting Like A Demon Possessed For The Last 7 Days

Latest Painting Task


For the last 7 days I have been trying to knock holes in the vast amount of unpainted metal that I have accumulated over the last 30 years. I thought I had finished off the very last figures suitable for morphing into another army as well as a totally new army. Needless to say I was wrong as I realised I still have lots of Feudal spear, pikemen and other foot suitable for use for the Normans onwards.

Paul at the club asked me to paint up an odd figure to match two he already had and base all three up for use as a Hobilar element Irr Cv O. My figure is nearest the camera.

Mixed make lower quality hobilar cavalry
Below is the figures I have just finished including finally completing the very last elements for my Mamluk army.

Essex CRU51 Naffertun Handgunner

Minifigs Z310 13th C Crossbowmen Unarmoured

Essex NA16 Norman Archers

Essex Norman Milites painted as Military Orders Generals

Minifigs ZC365 Turcopoles with replacement steel lances

Essex Mid 34/35 mixed Feudal foot

Essex unknown figure code Feudal Spearmen
Having found a big bag of MID 75 Lowland Pikemen I decided that I should paint up the seven pike blocks they can create. I also have some old Gladiator Spearmen which I replaced the spears with pikes to create another two blockswhich need to be painted. These should give me the core of a Low Countries army, 13 blocks in all, in due course. I also have a load of later Minifigs pikemen which I purchased to do a Burgundian Army to paint up which will give me an additional 11 pike blocks. I think this army will never happen as I decided I didnt want it after buying the metal from Minifigs to create most of the old DBM list.

Mid 75 Lowland Pikemen

Mid 75 Lowland Pikemen

Mid 75 Lowland Pikemen
Mid 75 Lowland Pikemen

Mid 75 Lowland Pikemen

Mid 75 Lowland Pikemen

Mid 75 Lowland Pikemen

2 comments:

  1. Nice, I like the Feudal Spearmen a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could not trace their figure code. Think they are probably just from random figure codes I sorted out to create similar element groups. They are perfect for the rear ranks of Irr Sp I that I also painted up with this batch. Will then double up as Irr Hd too :/)

    ReplyDelete