Sunday 7 June 2015

Todays DBM Game using Later Crusaders

A Game of DBM I Played Today To Help Out!

Essex Warriors is running a DBM Tournament and there were 10 entries in two Pools. Unfortunately one of the players decided to drop out after his first game which meant the other three players were denied to chance to play their game and possibly get 32 Victory Points. They were all given 16-16 byes which meant the only player who got his game in won 32-0 and had a 16 VP advantage over the others. After talking to the organiser of the tournament I offered to run the army against the other 3 if they elected to gamble their 16 VP with the chance of getting more or less. Bob decided that since he had no chance of topping the pool that he would give it a go. Richard gave me the army list which I checked over and found out was illegally written due to a couple of issues. I did the minimum necessary to correct the list and elected to play the Joker that every player is allowed to use to reorganise their command organisation. 

Here's the List I ended up using. I must confess that its certainly not one I would have ever written but it was what I was stuck with as it was only fair on the first player that the others played basically the same army using the DBM army list version originally chosen.

Later Crusaders
CinC Irr Kn F 19 AP
2 x Sub Generals Reg Kn F [Mil Orders] 62 AP
8 x Lay Men at Arms Irr Kn F 72 AP
8 x Mil Order Knights Reg Kn F 88 AP
3 x Turcopoles Irr Cv O 21 AP
1 x Mil Order Turcopoles Reg Cv O 8 AP
8 x Mil Order Sergeants Reg Sp O 40 AP
10 x Lay Foot Sergeants Irr Sp I 30 AP
4 x Mil Order Crossbowmen Reg Bw O 20 AP
4 x mounted Mil Order Crossbowmen Reg mtd Bw O 24 AP
2 x Assassin Volunteer Cavalry Reg Cv O 16 AP
6 x Army Baggage Irr Bg I 0 AP
51 E/51 EE/25.5 Break 400 AP

Command 1
CinC Irr Kn F
8 x Lay Men at Arms Irr Kn F
10 x Lay Foot Sergeants Irr Sp I
19 E/19 EE/6.5 D

Command 2
Sub General Reg Kn F [Mil Orders]
4 x Mil Order Knights Reg Kn F
3 x Turcopoles Irr Cv O
4 x Mil Order Sergeants Reg Sp O
4 x Mil Order Crossbowmen Reg Bw O 20 AP
16 E/16 EE/5.5 D

Command 3
Sub General Reg Kn F [Mil Orders]
4 x Mil Order Knights Reg Kn F
1 x Mil Order Turcopoles Reg Cv O
2 x Assassin Volunteer Cavalry Reg Cv O
4 x Mil Order Sergeants Reg Sp O
4 x mounted Mil Order Crossbowmen Reg mtd Bw O
16 E/16 EE/ 5.5 D

Army Baggage
6 x Army Baggage Irr Bg I

The game swung back and forth with Bob Central Asian City States being PIP starved he first lost his CinC's command and then he broke one of my smaller commands of 16 EE which when added to the other losses finally took me to 26 E lost to break the entire army. The final score was 23-9 to Bob which gave him a net gain of 7 VP. We had both lost a general which will be used as a tie break at the end of the tournament pool stage.

I forgot my camera today so ended up having to use my phone to take a few pictures which are below.








No comments:

Post a Comment