Friday 14 September 2018

Scythians - More Horse Archers

Another EBay Bargain Rears It's Head

Scythian Horse Archers - I have the unpainted metal to paint up lots more Scythian Horse Archers, in fact enough Museum Miniatures castings to create 36 elements of Irr LH F.

I have stopped painting Scythians at present as I fancied a break but browsing on EBay yet again last week and what do I see 16 elements of very old Minifigs 1st Generation Horse Archers. Whilst the riders are unchanged in today's Minifigs range their horses have gone through three changes since the late 1970's. These castings are clearly some of the very oldest they sold.

Unfortunately one horse was totally destroyed in transit meaning my original purchase of 32 horse archers has dropped to 31 horse archers and the prospect of going into the Project Lead Mountain reserve stock of old redundant 1st Generation Minifigs horses to find a suitable replacement. I will match paint the damaged horse and reuse the perfectly good rider in due course. I will almost certainly end up rebasing these castings but for now they will do out of the box.

Not bad for £25 plus P&P!




UPDATE 03/01/19
Above you read that I had a destroyed horse when this purchase was delivered. I finally got around to finding a suitable horse from Project Lead Mountain - a 1st Generation Minifigs horse which I painted over the Xmas break. The horse [painted brown] is on the right as you look at the picture below and with the old rider and new basing you can't really tell the difference between the old horse and its replacement as I tried to match paint the style.



1 comment: