Wednesday 12 September 2018

When EBay Strikes - Hide Your Credit Card [Later Hungarians]

Another Unplanned EBay Purchase - Later Hungarians

Whilst working out what I needed to buy to complete my Serbian Army I came across this listing for a very nice Later Hungarian army. As you will probably realise if you examine my blog I already have a Hungarian army but that army was created with Hungarian specific elements. Whilst the liveried knights are nation specific lots of the elements are actually fairly generic. I paid slightly more than I wanted to pay but I still got a bargain in my opinion. There were no command elements in the army but since I am planning to add it in to my own collection this isn't a problem. I have had to rebase the war wagons though as they models are too long for the bases and I needed a pair of horses for the 4th war wagon. I paid £343 inc delivery for 78 mounted, 110 foot and 4 war wagons. I might eventually sell a few items but at the moment I will probably keep most of it until I am sure what is actually surplus to requirements.

The army consisted of the following elements:
8 x Reg Kn O Hungarians Knights [can also be Irr Kn O or even Irr Kn S]
6 x Reg Kn O Mercenary knights [going into the Serbian army]
8 x Irr LH F Hungarian Light Horse [generic Horse archer types which will fit into the Lithuanians]
4 x Irr LH O Serbian Hussars [same casting sold as Hungarian Hussars]
6 x Irr LH S Szeklers Hussars [generic castings that will fit into lots of Eastern Europe lists]
10 x Irr Bw O Hungarian Archers
8 x Irr Ps S Handgunners [generic again]
6 x Reg Sp O Hungarian Spearmen
8 x Irr Hd O Hordes
4 x Reg WWg O War wagons [or Irr WWg O] 









These rather nice Essex Bohemian Spearmen ended up becoming the front rank of some Bw X/O elements and were then sold on to someone at my wargames club.




Here's the rebased war wagons. There's no overhang at each end now due to them having fewer horses and the 4th wagon now has some motive power. Usual Vallejo texture paste, Umber edging and completed with a mixture of tufts and some scatter gravel.



4 comments:

  1. Painted as well so that to me is a bargain in saved time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice Drew :) Not too expensive?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps more than I wanted to pay but they are very nicely painted and a perfect fit for my Serbians style wise. I am bringing them to the club on Sunday so you can check them out.

      Delete