Thursday 31 October 2019

Dismounted Norman General Commission in 15 mm

Dismounted Norman General Commission in 15 mm

Tim at the club has been using 15 mm Normans this year and realised that he was short one dismounted generals element and asked me if I had anything suitable in my collection surplus to my needs or if there was anything in Project Lead Mountain that would do.

On Saturday night I came home and had a look through the unpainted metal and found two bags of unpainted swordsmen, possibly Lancashire or Donnington castings, along with some spare Norman period figures. The spare figures were from Essex Miniatures and consisted of an axe man and what from memory was a broken standard bearer. After cutting away the axe and broken standard I drilled out their hands and fitted them with metal spears. Then I had to pare away the metal under the staffs it had left smooth metal so a quick stabbing session with a scalpel blade tip reinstated the look of chain mail underneath the new metal spears. The basing style was done to match some figures I had already supplied to Tim last year.

I only started the figures on Monday night and I added some flags I found on the WWW that were suitable for Norman period armies.








No comments:

Post a Comment