Sunday 10 May 2020

15mm "CHINESE" Ancient Army Off Ebay No:2

15mm "CHINESE" Ancient Army Off Ebay 2


Back in January I posted about an impulse purchase on EBay of a Chinese army. At the time I planned to use it as the building block for creating some other Chinese army options. The original listing claimed it was Yuan & Ming where I was advised by a Hong Kong gamer it was more Sung looking. So when I saw another Chinese army from the same seller I was surprised to see it listed as 3 Kingdom and Early Tang. Given that the time frame for these figures also covered the Sui army it means that I could potentially create quite a few armies from both collections along with my own Later Tang army. The listing was for 296 foot and 158 cavalry. I put in my bid and waited for it to end. I did win the auction and it arrived last week. As I was merging two armies and wanted to be able to use them alongside my own figures I decided that both armies would be rebased to match my own figures. 15 of the mounted were very old style castings and I had to repair the officer and ended up with 12 figures from Mikes Models to rebase. The lot also contained eight mounted Indian light horse armed with javelins which are going to bulk out my Indian army which is missing a few light horse.

Here are the pictures from the original listing.












Whilst the painting style is quite good the use of new bases with make a huge difference to the infantry and light horse. I have decided not to rebase the Cataphracts, cavalry and baggage at this time.

Here are pictures of the two armies now merged onto their new MDF bases ready for basing up. I have repurposed lots of the figures into other standard elements too and found identical castings in both armies that helped me create more elements than I had originally thought I could.

I have not formally started the final basing as I concentrated on sorting out the various figures to make best use of the collection. I will need to add to it in due course so they are currently in temporary storage boxes. Since taking these pictures I ended up rearranging lots of figures which will become clear in the next Chinese blog entry.






1 comment: