Saturday 16 May 2020

15mm Painting During Lockdown - Scythians

Last of my Scythian Infantry Completed

Back in August 2018 I blogged about painting my Scythian Archers and 21 months later I have finally painted up the last of the Xyston Scythian infantry I have to complete this army. I had 115 castings to paint and started them six weeks ago just after the UK COVID-19 Lockdown started. 

I was missing 18 x Irr Hd O elements which accounted for 90 castings meaning I had 25 castings left over going spare. After giving it a lot of thought due to the mix of castings I had left over I decided to create an additional eight Irr Ax O elements from the remainders and hid the single odd casting within one of the horde elements as I hate to waste figures! These auxilia are in my to sell pile of finished figures and will end up on EBay in due course.

I still have a large number of horse archers to paint up but I dont need to paint them at present as I have more than enough finished elements in my box for my current needs unless I go for the almost entirely light horse variation of the army. The thought of over 100 Irr LH F plus the lone Irr Cv O CinC is quite daunting!

So here are the completed eighteen Horde elements.





Here are the eight spare Auxilia elements.Which are now on EBay UK












Finally as part of the Chinese lot I blogged about on the 10th May 2020 there were four orphan elements of Indian Light Horse with javelins. I had to repair two of the castings which had broken javelins and repainted their shields into Black Lacquer so they matched in with my own Indian army collection.. The figures were otherwise very nice and I rebased them in the style of my own Indian army bases for a very quick win as I was missing a couple of Irr LH O elements anyway.






2 comments: