Saturday 12 September 2020

15mm "Chinese" Army Off EBay Part 6

Progress Update On The Chinese 6

I have not blogged since the 15th July. Its not because I have been lazy, I have been working on a huge batch of figures and finally completed painting almost all of the planned Chinese infantry. I have over 150 elements to base up now so started these on Thursday and have decided to do about a third at a time them blog them before moving onto the next batch of basing.

They are a mix of 3D printed wagons, Museum Miniatures wagons, Essex Miniatures and a very large batch of then unknown Chinese/Mongol figures I got off EBay for a very good price.
[Turns out they were old Kennington Miniatures from SHQ] Thanks Ken!

First up are the 3D Printed Kun ch'a which I found on Thingiverse and a friend printed up for me. I crewed them with a mix of Essex Miniatures Chinese. Codes CHN20 Artillerymen [painted in yellow] and TSU07 Sui/Tang Swordsmen. DBx class these as Reg WWg X









Next are the Generic War Wagons classed as Reg WWg O. These get deleted from most DBMM lists with the introduction of the Revised Edition lists replaced with the Kun Ch'a above. They are a mixed bag of crews, more Essex TSU07 Swordsmen and some Essex TA8 Tang Crossbowmen I got off EBay earlier this year. The Wagons are Museum Miniatures WW02 Wagons which were a special order with solid wheels instead of spoked wheels and pulled by Oxen instead of horses [Thanks Dave yet again].









The then unknown Chinese/Mongol Army infantry proved very useful. These are the leftovers painted up as bowmen after I used them for other elements [these will follow in the next blog entry] I made them into a mix of Reg Bw and some Ps elements to ensure I didn't have any leftover figures wasted. There are more Crossbow Ps to be blogged. I decided to make them colourful and generic to be able to use in all the planned armies as either Reg Bw I or O depending on the list and specific army design.

New Essex TA8 Tang Crossbowmen Reg Bw I/O




New Essex TA9 Tang Archers Reg Bw I/O




New Essex TA9 Tang Archers Ps O




The Sung list has some Provincial Infantry classed as Irr Ax I with improvised weapons. I used Essex Miniatures code TSU3 Tang/Sui Spearmen for these. Just because they are rubbish infantry doesn't mean they have to look bad!





I needed 12 elements in all but after I painted the 36 figures up realised I had 12 left over in another bag so painted these up as really dirty looking generic peasants.





Peasant infantry are a common feature in lots of Chinese armies, hastily levied low quality foot troops used to bulk out armies in areas not expected to end up doing much fighting but essential to deny the location to the enemy. So queue more really dirty looking peasant archers this time. Again more Essex Miniatures codes CHO16 and CHO18 mostly Irr Bw I but a pair of Irr Ps O to avoid spare figures.









These last two elements should not have really happened. I realised after I finished them that they are supposed to be going on the two bases of Militia Drummers I have yet to make as Irr WWg I. But this way they will be safe from any damage until I get around to making up the drummer bases. Essex Miniatures codes TSU07 and TSU08.





I hope to blog more completed infantry within the next seven days.

2 comments: