Friday 29 January 2021

15mm Chinese - Part 12

Southern Dynasty Bamboo & Paper Lions - Chinese Part 12

As part of the Chinese Morph project I am adding in a few missing bits here and there to allow me to use the Chinese collection for more armies. The latest project is Northern & Southern Dynasties. The Southern Dynasty part of the list has the unique troop type of Bamboo and Paper Lions. These are only available in 15mm scale from Evil Gong Miniatures of Australia but are very difficult to source. In all it took me three months wait before I finally got them. The are very well cast with minimal flash and in the end I decide to put two castings on each base to make them look more impressive. I had ordered 12 castings in all so I have four left over which I have also based up ready to sell. Unfortunately the are not cheap to buy costing me the equivalent of nearly £5 each casting after shipping and taxes are included.

I painted each Lion a different colour to ensure that they had some variation.

As usual they are on magnetic based MDF, finished off with Vallejo Earth Brown paste, rocks and tufts and finished off with a spray sealer varnish for protection.

15mm Evil Gong Southern Dynasty Bamboo & Paper Lions












Here are the finished left over Lions which will be put onto EBay shortly.











2 comments:

  1. They look great! Bags of character. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Drew, a fearsome sight!
    Which is the point I suppose..

    ReplyDelete