Thursday 21 January 2021

Ebay Bargain of Hellenistic Greek Pikes and Spears

15mm Hellenistic Greek Heavy Infantry For a Song

Just before Xmas 2020 I saw a job lot of 32 elements of Greek Pikemen on Ebay. That's 128 figures and I put in a speculative bid not really expecting to win. I did win them though and ended up paying a total of £55-10 including delivery for what turned out to be quite reasonably painted Ancient Greek infantry. This was less that the cost of the bare metal if purchased new. When they arrived I saw that there were 20 pikes and spears missing and the basing was very old fashioned. 


So I knew that I would have to remove them from their bases, clean off the old basing and repair all the broken weapons. This took quite a while and I had to sort out the various painted groups and repaint a few shields to match to create uniform pike blocks. 16 of the infantry turned out to be spearmen as seen on the far right of the picture above.

I finally completed all the new bases yesterday and spray sealed them this morning. All in all I am very pleased with the results. I can either keep them of sell them off to at least double my money now they are refurbished.














3 comments:

  1. Most beautiful and impressive pike units!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! I did look on Ebay but couldn't see them..

    ReplyDelete