Saturday 15 May 2021

15mm Chinese - Penultimate Entry

15mm Chinese - Part 23 Mounted Infantry [III]

Todays offering is the penultimate entry for my Chinese Army project. Its the last of the Mounted Infantry from Outpost Wargames Services Sui & T'ang Chinese Range. They are Code STC8 Mounted Crossbowmen. I had already painted up two elements as Reg Cv [O] but these are the balance of ten bases to act as Mounted Infantry Crossbowmen. Mounted Infantry appear in a few lists and these are done generically enough to work in the armies I have built. I can use the two other bases to make up a total of twelve bases if needed.

Outpost STC8 Mounted Crossbowmen






Last up because I hate having left over wasted figures I have a few Legio Heroica Mongol cavalry. The figures were incomplete so I had to add shields and lances from my spares box but they will slot in nicely with the Mongol units I already have to use in the Yuan Chinese army. They were a pain to assemble despite being very nice castings.

Legio Heroica MON08 Cavalry




Legio Heroica MON09 Horse Archers




This means I have now virtually completed my Chinese armies. I just have to do four Black Powder Artillery bases for the very end of the Yuan Chinese army date range and base up some leftover but already painted infantry. There are still some Khitan Liao and Mongol Cavalry to be done for allied contingents but it will be good to finally come to the end of this huge project.

I already have a new army project in mind but I might take a break before starting this one to concentrate on completing some other outstanding tasks.

Painting update

This now brings the painting tally for 1st January to 15th May 2021 to:
185 infantry & 4 war drums [63 elements]
154 cavalry [49 elements]
12 Bamboo & Paper Lions [8 elements]
3 elephants [3 elements]
Plus I have rebased
32 elements of Pikes
4 elements of Psiloi
50 mounted elements

No comments:

Post a Comment