Saturday 29 May 2021

Hordes of Hordes & Other Bits

Lots of Hordes & Other Bits

Museum Miniatures has started replacing its range of castings with what are now termed "Z Range" As part of Project Lead Mountain I am clearing out unfinished castings left over from previous projects. Whilst working on the Chinese I rediscovered a bag of painted MD04 Peasants along with another bag of unpainted peasants from two different casting codes and some oddments from various makers.

I dont actually need most of the castings but it did spur me to paint them up for sale.

I actually like the older Museum castings a lot and was sorry to see them retired.

I painted up missing elements first that I knew I wanted to keep including Indian Clubmen and some Maiden Guards. Neither casting was actually sold with this in mind but they look the part.

The bases are finished in my usual style of Vallejo Sandy Paste, scatter rocks and tufts, contrast edging and spray sealed to protect the figures.

Museum MD04 Peasants repurposed as Indian Clubmen





Museum MD04 Repurposed as Maiden Guard




Mixed makes I think Old Glory 15's and Legio Heroica to make up some spare elements of Psiloi and an Auxilia Command Stand

Mixed makes




After trying to sell these Tin Soldier 15mm HB25 Indian Javelinmen as Psiloi I rebased them as Irr Bd F to add to my collection. I might sell them on later.

Tin Soldier HB25 Indian Javelinmen




Horde Lot 1 For Sale







Horde Lot 2 For Sale







Horde Lot 3 For Sale






Horde Lot 4 For Sale






Horde Lot 5 For Sale






This now brings the painting tally for 1st January to 29th May 2021 to:
273 foot, 8 artillery & 4 war drums [82 elements]
154 cavalry [49 elements]
12 Bamboo & Paper Lions [8 elements]
3 elephants [3 elements]
Plus I have rebased
32 elements of Pikes
28 elements of Archers
10 elements of Psiloi
8 elements of Horde
3 elements of misc foot
50 mounted elements

2 comments:

  1. Horde Lots 1,3,4 & 5 have already sold on EBay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last lot of Hd sold this week! Very pleased as it has help fund part of my Minoan purchase.

    ReplyDelete