Monday 18 August 2014

500 AP Practice Game of DBM

First 500 AP DBM game in well over 15 years.

John from Essex Warriors turned up yesterday with 500 AP of Neo-Assyrian Later Sargonid troops.

After some discussion about the legality of my terrain choices, which I did get wrong but made no difference in this game [thankfully]. We started our game at 10 am, by 5 pm we had still not got a result, I tried to play as fast as possible but a combination of John's deployment tactics, his lucky dice rolls, winning or surviving when he should have lost meant that whilst I had kicked the door lock open he was still firmly standing behind the door pushing back. 

I managed to kill one of his four Reg generals which meant that the command that was about to break sucked away the highest dice from his PiP's in the game.

I was half an element away from breaking this command with two Ps sitting within easy range of 2 Cv S in my next bound. I also managed to start rolling up his Kn S chariots in the centre. On his left flank I finally got my ally command into position and was pushing him slowly back awaiting for that first good dice roll against his Bw O that was anchoring the end of his line.

I am pleased how the army performed, it has sharpened my ideas on what to do.

I now have some perfectly legal terrain selection options to choose from having made some purpose built terrain pieces to use as necessary.

I have another practise game on the 31st against Andrew L who is using some of my Arab collection to use as Kurds.

No comments:

Post a Comment