Wednesday 20 August 2014

Yet Another Army Created Out of A Morph

Whilst Researching for Iceni




I had looked at Arab-Indian List as a possible morph a while back. The Khurosanian Army List allows the Saffarid's to have a small contingent of Indian infantry so I painted these up a couple of months back.
I then had a look at the main Arab-Indian Army List and saw that by just painting up some more Indian infantry and adding some cavalry elements and an elephant I could also field this list one day. Because DBM allows players to also use the DBMM army lists subject to any corrections to army point costs or troop reclassification adjustments I realised that the DBMM version of the Arab-Indian army is in fact much better to use than the DBM version so this is now my next painting project.

I saw a suitable Indian army based up for Impetus on EBay last week and against my better judgement I put in a bid for it and no one bid so I won it. So now I have sufficient figures to make up elements to represent 6 El O, 12 Cv O or I, 3 Kn F, 2 LH O and 2 WWg O plus theres 72 archer figures which will need rebasing and will end up as a mix of Ps and Bw elements.

Well they are now all on their new bases and just waiting until I paint up some more bits that are missing from this army then its a mass base finishing effort and a fresh coat of varnish.

Been painting up some mobile baggage to use with the Arab Indians over the last week. Once they are based up I will put some pictures on the page.

I have done a first attempt for a DBM Arab Indian Army list at 400 AP. Getting the balance right with this list is difficult as it has very few strike troops but will be hard to defeat in return. I have yet to work out an OOB that gives me three identically sized commands. So it must be considered a work in progress.

3/38 Arab Indian [MM List] 901 AD – 1206 AD

Dry Ag 1. W, Rv, Wd, E, RGo, D or G, Rd, BUA
[S, Rv, Wd, E, RF, D or G, Rd, BUAf, F]

Command 1
1 x Ghulam CinC Reg Cv S 30 AP
4 x Arab archers Irr Bw O 16 AP
10 x Hindu archers Irr Bw I 30 AP
4 x Hindu blades Irr Bd F 20 AP
4 x Hindu javelinmen Irr Ps S 12 AP
2 x Camp followers Irr Hd O 2 AP
1 x Elephant Irr El O 16 AP
26 E/23 EE/8 D [126 AP] [25%=6 EE]

Command 2
1 x Ghulam sub general Reg Cv S 30 AP
3 x Khurosanian cavalry Irr Cv S 27 AP
4 x Arab cavalry Irr Cv O 28 AP
4 x Sindi cavalry Irr Cv I 20 AP
8 x Arab infantry Irr Sp I 24 AP
4 x Arab archers Irr Ps O 8 AP [may support Arab infantry]
24 E/22 EE/7.5 D [137 AP] [25%=5.5 EE]

Command 3
1 x Ghulam sub general Reg Cv S 30 AP
3 x Khurosanian cavalry Irr Cv S 27 AP
4 x Arab cavalry Irr Cv O 28 AP
4 x Sindi cavalry Irr Cv I 20 AP
8 x Arab infantry Irr Sp I 24 AP
4 x Arab archers Irr Ps O 8 AP [may support Arab infantry]
24 E/22 EE/7.5 D [137 AP] [25%=5.5 EE]

Command 4
6 x Immobile Army Baggage Irr Bg I 0 AP

Army [400 AP]

74 E/67 EE/33.5 EEto break

No comments:

Post a Comment