Sunday 15 July 2018

Ancient Camptastic Elements

15mm Ancient Baggage Elements Completed - Scythians

As with any wargamer I started to accumulate leftover bits and pieces as part of Project Lead Mountain. This included four large hide covered tent like structures similar to Yurts, lots of Baueda Ancient, Generic and Napoleonic supplies, Xyston civilians and camp accessories from Donningtons, Irregular and Museum Miniatures. They will be suitable for literally lots of nomadic and other warmer climate armies from the Chariot through to the Dark Ages.

The Yurt like tents were too large to fit on a single or even on a double size baggage element so I decided to make feature pieces out of them. I have no idea who made the tents but since I had four of them to use I decided to make up an eight element and two four element baggage features.

First up is a 160mm  x 80mm eight element Baggage Camp. This is ideal to use for larger games and as a base camp in lots of rules. This will end up on EBay in due course.





Next is 80mm x 80mm four element Baggage Camp No:1.
This is ideal to use for a feature camp or to bulk out your existing baggage for larger games and as a base camp in lots of rules. This will end up on EBay in due course.





Next is 80mm x 80mm four element Baggage Camp No:2.
This is ideal to use for a feature camp or to bulk out your existing baggage for larger games and as a base camp in lots of rules. This will end up on EBay in due course.





Finally I have finished off eleven single baggage elements all on 40mm x 40mm bases. I have used most of my left over castings. I will need to keep two elements back for use with my Scythians, but I also have three Made in Battle Scythian wagons to paint up as double sized baggage elements so I may just keep one of them instead.

I have presented the baggage in three groups. A group of three elements and two groups of four elements but this was for photographic convenience reasons.

Group Nr:1








Group Nr:2







Group Nr:3






If there's anything that takes your fancy contact me and we can discuss terms?

4 comments:

  1. What a nice (and peaceful) looking camp, beautiful vignettes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look great like little mini vignettes each one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The twin Yurt never sold so I rebuilt it into a single Yurt on a 120mm x 80mm base which sold almost immediately.

    ReplyDelete