Thursday 26 July 2018

Medieval European Archers - Painting Commission

Because Some Players Can Never Have Enough Archers

I was asked to paint up a very mixed bag of 30 Medieval archers for use with a mates Feudal English army. Once he gave me the castings I realised that the figure mix wasn't that good size wise. There were 21 Museum Miniatures MD01 English Longbowmen LMI castings, 8 what look like Mikes Models archers [still very nice] and 1 odd casting. As part of my own Project Lead Mountain I also have tons of unpainted metal so used the commission to paint up some of my own figures at the same time. I ended up painting 70 castings in all. Ironically I had some MD01 castings left over so ended up painting 30 of these plus 8 Falcon Figures, 16 Essex castings and a single spare Old Glory 15 archer plus some others that are a good match for the Mikes Models castings size wise. He specified that he wants the figures unbased and poorly clothed to represent Feudal Levy troops.

He didn't want the Essex castings as they are too late but I was short of four elements from my own collection so this made a good excuse to finally complete the last four elements I need.






As to the commission here's a selection of pictures of the 54 castings still on their painting batons.

Museum MD01




Mikes Models


Falcon Figures + one Old Glory
 

Mixed Makes


1 comment: