Wednesday 24 July 2019

Condotta Knights For A Club Demonstration Game

Essex Warriors 2019 Open Day DBM Demonstration Game

I have been asked to put on a DBM demonstration game at the club open day in September. I have plenty of army choices and managed to find a fellow club member to take part on the opposing side. He wanted to use his Florentine Army so naturally I will be fielding my Milanese Army against him. I tend to had a lot of generic figures that end up being used in lots of different armies. As part of my Project Lead Mountain I am painting up the unpainted metal I have had for far too long to get rid of it into my collection or to sell on. I had 30 knights from Naismith/Roundway which I had based up as Knight Wedges a couple of years ago. I have never used them and they sat in my storage box alongside other knight wedges. I tried to sell the wedges on Ebay for the last few weeks but there was no interest. I have put a picture of the wedges at the bottom.

I decided since I am putting on the demonstration game I would break up the wedges and turn them into conventional knight elements and at the same time flag them up to represent troops aligned to Milan.

The knights came in two poses, 15 on armoured horses and 15 on unarmoured horses so I made two groups of five elements of knights. I intend to sell them on after the demonstration game.







2 comments: