Friday 5 March 2021

15mm Chinese Part 16 Last of the Cataphracts

Last of the Chinese Cataphracts Finished

I was given a bag of eight Tiger Skin Wearers as part of a Khurasan Miniatures order as an apology for the very long time it took them to fill my order. I tried to find them online but they do not appear to be listed anywhere on the company website. I know they are Khurasan Miniatures as they have KM cast into the bases. The figures matched the style of the Tibetan Cataphracts I painted last year too. There were two variations each of the separate riders & mounts.

They had quite a few fine casting strings attached that required careful attention to ensure that I didn't miss removing them during preparation. I could not find any actual painting guides or even an illustration anywhere online so they are painted up as a best guess.

They are based in my usual style on MDF with magnetic basing underneath, Vallejo texture paste, Burnt Umber edging, finished off with rock, static grass tufts & flowers.

I am very pleased how they turned out & its a shame that I didn't have any more of them to paint up.








1 comment: