Wednesday 24 March 2021

15mm Chinese Part 19 - Sung Generals & Militia Drummers

15mm Chinese Part 19 - Sung Generals & Militia Drummers

Having been working on Chinese figures almost constantly since June 2020 I am starting to become a bit tired of painting them. I still have 6 batches of figures left to do so I am finally getting to the end of the Great Wall of China. Its been an interesting project to do during lockdown as its an series of armies I had never thought I would ever own. 

This blog entry is a sort of Heinz 57 Varieties write up as I ended up using most of my left over infantry oddment figures to create some essential missing elements. The end results are quite nice and I am impressed on how they turned out. I did have to sacrifice a single Reg Bd O Element to give me the armoured swordsmen. I had only recently created it from four spare Outpost castings I had left over! I painted every casting in these pictures except for the four Outpost Wargames Swordsmen.

Four Evil Gong infantry with a Khurasan War Drum with Drummer, these are Irr WWg I or DBE Bge






Three Outpost infantry, one Essex Peasant & a Khurasan War Drum with Drummer






Three Essex Infantry, a Khurasan War Drum with Drummer & homemade flag.






One Outpost Warrior, two Essex Infantry, a Khurasan War Drum with Drummer & homemade flag.






Three Khurasan Warriors & nine Essex infantry as Sung Infantry Command Reg Bd O





Museum Miniatures Naphtha Throwers left over from two IE18 elephants Reg Ps X





I had to have a break today so quickly based up some more British Napoleonic infantry but even this didn't end the monotony of endless Chinese troops.

3 comments:

  1. These are very nice Drew. 11 years is a long time to be painting an army (even a 1m man horde variant) so well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, It was supposed to read June 2020 not 2010. I have corrected it.

      Delete
  2. Splendid units, the gong vignette is very atmospheric!

    ReplyDelete