Monday 1 March 2021

15mm Chinese Part 15 More Cavalry

Last of the "Chinese" Cavalry Completed

Whilst this sounds optimistic I still have the Mongol cavalry and horse archers to complete, plus I am still missing two cataphract elements plus lots of mounted infantry elements and some elephants. Then there's the Khitan ally contingent to paint.

All of this started because I purchased two quite large Chinese armies off EBay in January 2020 and May 2020. I didn't start this project until June 2020 because I had lots of other painting projects on the go at the time. I am quite pleased with my progress to date but am missing the Mongol cavalry and Horse Archers I need so will be monitoring EBay in case they turn up unpainted or at a bargain price.

These four elements come from the Ken Bell purchase and are Essex TA2A Tang Cavalry with Lance and Shield on half armoured horses. Essex discontinued these castings in 2016 when they remastered them for their new range. They might still be available to order as they are listed in the Ready Made Army packs. I will be using them to bulk out my Kn F elements.

They are based as normal to match the rest of my Chinese troops.

Essex TA2A Tang Cavalry with Lance and Shield






1 comment: