Sunday 15 August 2021

Serbian Empire Artillery

Serbian Empire Artillery

The Serbians only get the option for three artillery bases, one is a bombard rated as Superior & the other two are Organ Guns rated as Inferior. Artillery is a double edged weapon in DBx, it takes lots of pips to move, only fires in your own turn if it hasnt moved & lots of troops are immune to it other than fleeing away.

The bombard is from Corvus Belli, the organ guns are from Museum Miniatures & the crew are a mix of makes selected to give a reasonable good match size wise to the CB gunners.

The bases are finished in my usual style. I am very pleased how they turned out and I have a few more artillery pieces in my spares box in case I need them for another army. I have more artillery than I normally use but it means I can deploy two armies and not worry about not having enough guns. I painted the crews in a uniform style to reflect the Serbian Empire buying & equipping the batteries.










I have 24 Serbian Gusars still to paint &d some other mounted elements to complete this army but I can use troops from my Hungarian collection in the mean time.

This now brings the painting tally from 1st January to 15th August 2021 to:
523 foot, 13 artillery & 4 war drums [150 elements]
188 cavalry [61 elements]
12 Bamboo & Paper Lions [8 elements]
3 elephants [3 elements]
Plus I have rebased
32 elements of Pikes
28 elements of Archers
10 elements of Psiloi
8 elements of Horde
3 elements of misc foot
50 mounted elements

No comments:

Post a Comment