Thursday 12 August 2021

Serbian Empire Voynuk Heavy Infantry With Halberd

Serbian Empire Voynuk Heavy Infantry With Halberd

The later part of the Serbian Empire has the option to deploy heavy armoured infantry termed as Voynuk. They were armed with a mix of pole arms, axes & halberds. They appear to originate from the south eastern part of the Balkans from what was known as Wallachia. They were used in large numbers by the forces of Vlad the Impaler & the Ottoman Empire. They are all classed as Irr Bd O in DBx rules.

I have already created Voynuks for my Wallachians using shielded Essex Miniature figures so wanted something totally different for my Serbians so I can deploy both armies against each other. I settled on Old Glory 15's Wallachian Voynuk Heavy Infantry With Halberd casting code ROT12.

The Old Glory castings are quite old but had minimal flash and painted up really easily despite first appearances. The figures are based in my usual style of Vallejo Earth Brown Paste, gravel, tufts and Burnt Umber paint edging & finished off with Matt Sealer spray. I completed the 32 castings in two days which I am very pleased about.

I have 32 castings left over because they only sold them in packs of 50 and I had 14 others already.

Old Glory 15's ROT12 Wallachian Voynuks with halberd






This now brings the painting tally from 1st January to 12th August 2021 to:
523 foot, 10 artillery & 4 war drums [150 elements]
188 cavalry [61 elements]
12 Bamboo & Paper Lions [8 elements]
3 elephants [3 elements]
Plus I have rebased
32 elements of Pikes
28 elements of Archers
10 elements of Psiloi
8 elements of Horde
3 elements of misc foot
50 mounted elements

No comments:

Post a Comment