Thursday 5 August 2021

Serbian Greek Skirmisher Infantry

Serbian Empire Skirmishers

The Serbian Empire gets the option to take lots of archers from many different national origins including Bosnians, Moravians, Serbians and Greeks. I wanted to add a little bit of variety to the army so decided to create the minimum number of Irr Ps O Archers the list requires using the Essex XMED8 Generic Eastern European Greek Archers. The castings come in two poses and are in the usual Essex style and had minimal flash. I could not find a painting reference so used the Essex website image as a guide. 

The bases are in my usual style on magnetic based MDF with Vallejo Earth Brown Sandy Paste, loose gravel and tufts and edged in Burnt Umber. I took me longer than anticipated to complete these 24 figures because I am painting another 36 castings to model the 12 bases of Krayishnici auxilia at the same time.

Essex XMED Generic Eastern European Greek Archers





This now brings the painting tally from 1st January to 5th August 2021 to:
455 foot, 10 artillery & 4 war drums [130 elements]
188 cavalry [61 elements]
12 Bamboo & Paper Lions [8 elements]
3 elephants [3 elements]
Plus I have rebased
32 elements of Pikes
28 elements of Archers
10 elements of Psiloi
8 elements of Horde
3 elements of misc foot
50 mounted elements

No comments:

Post a Comment