Thursday 22 November 2018

Alternative Armies Wooden Palisades in 15mm Scale

Alternative Armies Are Always Worth A Quick Look

Having an extensive collection of Temporary Fortifications for my 15mm armies I am always on the look out for new things to buy that will expand my collection. Alternative Armies is one of those 15mm makers that often gets overlooked by historic gamers - myself included. I noticed a while back they make four packs of defences cast in resin. Link to their product page below.

https://www.alternative-armies.com/collections/15mm-hot-fantasy-range/products/hot56-wooden-palisades

I prefer metal castings where possible because they are more resistant to damage so I put off ordering them for a while. As luck would have it I then saw the exact same item for sale on EBay in metal from The Keep. Its very old stock since they shut down their physical store some years ago and became a virtual retailer to clear out all of their old stock online after they retired. The "Baileys" as they are known have always offered good service and I placed the order via EBay and received the items two days later. There was a couple of pieces with casting flaws but thats battle damage! They were easy to clean up, based and primed ready for completing in a couple of hours. Once I cleared the last of the arches from the painting table I quickly painted the palisades, added texture paste and some tufts to the magnetised MDF bases and spray varnish sealed them this morning. Whilst fortifications are unglamourous they are an essential part for some armies and these 24 elements width will be ideal to use for lots of armies within my collection.



1 comment: