Thursday 22 November 2018

Refurbishing Old 15mm Ancients Figures As Part Of Project Lead Mountain

Bringing Life Back Into Old Figures

As part of Project Lead Mountain I am also slowing working through older figures and rebasing them as when I first started 15mm Ancients gaming back under DBM v1.2 in 1994 I just covered the entire base with static grass. Whilst this was the standard 24 years ago time and techniques have moved on along with what's available to buy as basing materials. After all this time the bases were also becoming very bald and the figures looked dreadful as a result but at least they were not on plain unpainted green card which I still sometimes see on the tabletop at tournaments.

The figures were originally painted to use with my Marian Romans and as I expanded my collection they of course ended up being used in other armies as appropriate. Removing the old basing materials did not take too long considering how many figures I decided to rebase in one go. I rebased sixteen elements of Psiloi in all and I am quite pleased with the end result and have decided to sell them on via EBay because whilst doing this i found two more bags of unpainted figures that I will now use to replace them [see next post].

They are all Essex Miniatures castings and I cannot recall the figure codes after all this time I think they may well be discontinued castings from the MPA range having be resculpted.

I will be selling them on EBay in due course.

Batch 1 of Archer Psiloi





Batch 2 of Archer Psiloi





Batch 1 of Slinger Psiloi





Batch 2 of Slinger Psiloi







No comments:

Post a Comment