Friday 15 February 2019

Update On Recent Hungarian Purchase

Repurposing Hungarian Spearmen Into Bw X/O

For those who follow my blog they would have seen that I purchased another Hungarian army. Included in it were eight elements of very nice spearmen but I didn't have any need for more spearmen. They are clearly Essex Miniatures but I cannot find out which figure code but they look similar to their EMED41 code. So after some thought I took them off their bases with the plan to turn them into the front rank figures of Regular Bow X/O Crossbowmen.

Spearmen as purchased

I have recently purchased a batch of QRF castings MIT04 Italian Mercenary Crossbowmen and MIT03 Italian Pavisiers/Spearmen. Since I had not finalised what to do with them and the Hungarians were already painted but spare I decided that I would use some of the QRF Crossbowmen for the rear rank. The figures are a good match size wise and I managed pretty much to duplicate the painting style and colours used on the spearmen on the crossbowmen. I am very pleased with how they have turned out. The bases were finished with Vallejo Earth Brown Sandy Paste, dry brushed with static grass, gravel and a few tufts. As is usual my figure bases are completed with magnetic sheeting and the edges painted a dark brown colour for contrast. I am not sure if I will keep them or sell them just yet but they are certainly of use in lots of Central and Eastern European armies during the 14th and 15th C. UPDATE: Sold them to someone at my club today [17/02/19] he was happy and so am I!









2 comments: