Wednesday 27 February 2019

Hussite Infantry - Part 2

More Hussites Pulled Together From Project Lead Mountain

With my ongoing mission to finally clear out the last of my unpainted metal now entering its 8th year I am becoming a bit more creative with the elements I create. As detailed in Part 1 I had a batch of Minifigs Spearmen to make use of. After sorting them out and replacing some of the broken spears with metal spears I ended up with sixteen Minifigs Code Z604 French Pavisiers. Now as far as I am concerned the label on the packet is only a suggestion because European armies tended to share their equipment styles over a very large distance because of their constant internal conflicts and as part of their contribution to the numerous crusades. The rear rank is a mix of QRF castings MIT04 Italian Mercenary Crossbowmen. I decided to paint them in a similar fashion to the repurposed spears I recently blogged about that came with the Hungarian army I purchased. The end result are four generic DBE elements of Reg Bw X/O suitable for lots of armies that fields crossbowmen protected by a rank of spaivier holding spearmen. As usual they are mounted on MDF with magnetic sheeting underneath and the bases are textured using Vallejo Earth Brown paste, compete with static grass, some gravel and tufts before they were sealed with Matt spray sealer to protect them. Sold already - to a clubmate!









2 comments: