Friday 1 March 2019

ADLG-15mm-Commission-Part 3

Repeat ADLG Commission

Following on from a recent EBay sale to a repeat customer in Australia he asked me if I could create three units of ADLG English Mercenary Longbowmen. ADLG uses slightly different basing convention to most other rules but since it's a commission it doesn't matter as I can make up the bases to whatever the order requires. I thought I had some English longbowmen but realised that since I needed 18 figures I would have to be look elsewhere. Since these are mercenaries they are forbidden from wearing any liveries from their former contracts with the Kingdom of England as wearing a livery that you are not entitled to carry is a very serious offence at this time.

Having a look through my Metal Mountain I came across a very large bag of Minifigs 488X English/Picard Archers which would be perfect for this commission. 

The figures were cleanly cast and nicely posed considering how old the sculpts are in concept. They would need to be based up on 40mm x 40mm bases and staggered in two rows as per the instructions I was given. I was told not to apply stakes as they are optional and make each element more expensive if used in the game. As usual they are mounted on MDF with magnetic sheeting underneath and the bases are textured using Vallejo Earth Brown paste, compete with static grass, some gravel and tufts before they were sealed with Matt spray sealer to protect them.

It was a simple two day commission and I hope he's pleased with the results.








1 comment: