Thursday 7 March 2019

When Project Lead Mountain Gives Up Another Small Task

Dismounted Milites

I found a bag of 16 dismounted Milites. I think they are no longer made by Essex Miniatures having been redesigned but would have been part of their Norman range. I recently sold on eight elements of Irregular dismounted swordsmen to a clubmate so I painted these up to partially replace these elements. I still have another larger batch of Irregular Miniatures castings to paint up one day but I don't actually need them. They are finish with Vallejo Earth Brown Texture Past, Gravel, Static Grass and Flower Tufts on magnetised MDF bases and sealed with a spray Matt Varnish.
These figures are suitable for almost any Western European Feudal era army from about 925 AD until 1175 AD.

Essex Miniature Dismounted Milite Swordsmen





4 comments:

  1. I like the shield patterns - simple but effective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and based on historic representations of pre-heraldic Western European shield designs.

    ReplyDelete