Sunday 10 March 2019

Rebasing Old 15mm Figures

Old Ancient Figures Rebased Ready For Sale

As part of my ongoing Project Lead Mountain I am aiming to not only paint up all of my outstanding 15mm ancients era metal but also refurbish older figures in my own collection either to keep or resell.

Having decided I needed a little break from endless painting I had a trawl through the figure storage to see what is next in the queue for the new base treatment.

First up were four bases of Classical Era Slingers. They were based on thin card that had started to warp and this was covered with two different types of fine sand meaning that none of the elements actually matched. Having rebased them I now have a small Slinger Battlegroup which is on EBay for sale. The bases are my usual magnetised MDF bases finished off with Vallejo Earth Brown paste, edged in Raw Umber paint and completed with gravel, flower and static grass tufts and a fresh coat of matt spray sealer. The end result is quite nice considering how old these Minifigs castings are.





Next up are 24 Mikes Models Dark Age archers. I am not sure which figure codes they are and I have not listed them for sale yet. They have a bit of minor damage to a few of the bows which I can easily retouch if I do decide to sell them. I ended up storing them in my Welsh army collection because I had room and they are suitable to go alongside the spearmen.






2 comments: