Saturday 23 March 2019

Hussite Infantry - Part 4

Yet More Warwagons!

Whilst working on Project Lead Mountain and other armies I often end up buying figures that I then decide that I don't like and buy something else instead. This happened with my Later Polish Army project when I ended up buying QR Models instead of using the Irregular Warwagons.



The reason I didn't use them was to be honest the axles supplied with the wagons were too short to fit the wheels on to the underside of the wagons without them sitting at a totally crazy angle.

After completing all the four Falcon Warwagons in my previous Hussite blog entry I felt sufficiently encouraged to try and finally finish these Irregular casting code 15/13. Having discarded the Falcon Oxen into my spares I had two options, I could cut the axles into equal halves and glue the stubs further out with a gap in the middle or I could try to build up the underneath of the wagons to ensure the wheels were clear. I elected to go down the second route as it seemed to give a better visual effect.

Here is the assembled wagon next to the giant Falcon Oxen.


The crew are a mix of Irregular drivers, old Mikes Models Halberdiers, Essex Crossbowmen and Venexia Handgunners. Since they were all from my spares mountain I am very pleased with how they turned out and I plan to sell them on. They are mounted on magnetised plastic sheeting, covered with Vallejo Earth Brown paste edged with Raw Umber paint, finished off with some gravel, grass tufts and flowers from Mick's Bit's. Update now SOLD!



















2 comments: