Wednesday 7 August 2019

15mm Military Orders Knights Templars Commission - Part 2

Military Order for Richard the Lionheart - Part 1

The final blog for this commission. Another nine Legio Heroica knights painted up to represent the Knights Templars. Bob wasn't too sure about what he wanted and talked about maybe having some Teutonic Knights in this commission but left the final decision to me. Having spoken to him about how the Later Crusader army list works for use with Richard the 1st I suggested that he really should take the second Military Order generals elements. Since he didn't have the figures he said if I had them would I paint some up and give him first refusal. Project Lead Mountain keeps on giving and I found three very suitable castings from Essex Miniatures that are perfect for this army. 

For some reason Legio Heroica supplied Tear Drop shields with these troops which is about 50 years too early for these troops due to the way armour and equipment styles were constantly evolving. Thankfully I could easily remedy this by just snipping the curved top part of the shields off and filing them flat and smooth. Which is virtually just what they did with the real shields when they modified their shapes. I created all of the flags and lance pennons from scratch to complete the figures as necessary.

First up are the three Essex castings to create the Templars generals elements. Bob has first refusal on these and if he decides he doesn't want them I shall add them to my own collection and replace my older element.













All in all a nice little commission to break up my current painting projects.

2 comments: