Thursday 22 August 2019

Later Pre-Islamic Arab 15mm Commission

15mm LPIA Commission

Paul wants to expand his LPIA ally contingent and asked me if I had anything suitable to be used for their Irr Bd I/O options. After asking the sort of figures he wanted, being told bare headed, shieldless and a mix of spears, swords and bows if possible as per the list notes I came up with a bag of discontinued Museum Miniatures Arab/Indian Hordes.They came with a mix of top knot turbans, traditional turbans and bare headed. I sorted out all the suitable bare headed male castings and proceeded to drill out all of their hands after removing their improvised weapons to give them all metal spears. I ended up with 28 castings, 7 with swords, 7 in one pose with spears and 14 in another pose with spears. After cleaning them up, painting and varnishing as per Pauls specification I think they will fit in quite well with his ally contingent.













Whilst working on my next painting task I found another four castings suitable to add to this commission! All Museum Miniatures as before, three converted to hold steel spears and one swordsman. This now gives Paul 32 castings to create eight elements of Blades.





1 comment: